The Supplier diversity efforts supports Georgetown University’s goal of creating positive economic impact in the Washington D.C. metro region. Georgetown encourages local suppliers to reach out, engage and develop business relationships with the University’s Procurement Services department.
Does Your Business Qualify
If you are able to answer “yes” to any of the questions below, you may be an eligible candidate for Georgetown supplier diversity efforts.
1. Is your company certified as one of the following business categories:
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Minority Owned Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Enterprise (SDVET)
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- Women Owned Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Veteran Owned Business Enterprise (VET)
Please review the Classifications table for complete details.
2. Is your business located in the District of Columbia or in the DC Metro region?
3. Does your company meet the required supplier business capabilities?
4. Can your company fulfill its commitment to meeting the University’s qualified business expectations?
Eligible suppliers should review the Engagement Process to identify their next steps.
For Faculty and Professional Staff
University faculty and professional staff looking to use diverse or local businesses for their upcoming purchases have the ability to search for appropriate suppliers use the Master Agreement list and look for supplies with the M or W icon.
If you cannot identify a diverse or local supplier that meets your needs, please contact the Strategic Sourcing department for further assistance.