Job Aids and Guidance
- Revenue Generating Agreements – An in-depth overview of the revenue contracts process, including aspects of revenue management relating to invoice generation, billing schedules, and revenue recognition schedules
- Guidance on Contracting – Stipulations to include in new contracts regarding invoicing frequency, late payment penalties, cessation of work and collections, when the approved contract template is not used
- Guidance on Invoicing and Follow-up – Expectations for invoicing on contracts
- Allowance and Write Off Policies
- Dunning Letter for Past-Due Accounts
- When a customer invoice is generated, the approved invoice creates a debit to AR and credit to Revenue. The revenue is booked to the worktags on the contract, specifically, the worktags associated with the contract line used when creating the invoice. The revenue can be viewed in GMS by running a budget to actuals report and reviewing the ‘Other Sources of Revenue’ for the dates the invoices were generated.
Courtesy of the GMS Core Team