Supplier Registration and Portal FAQs
Please see below for common frequently asked questions.
What information is needed to register as a Supplier with Georgetown University?
- Business Details (Supplier Name, Tax ID, Contact Information). Additional details may be required as needed
- Supporting Documentation for International Suppliers (see link below)
- International W8 BEN/E https://georgetown.app.box.com/s/p8jd7po19w1gp03ysgs5t1rl63cucvlw
How do I register as a Supplier with Georgetown University?
Use the Supplier Registration Site to request to register.
How long does it take to get an account?
The Supplier Registration Request approval process generally takes 2-3 business days, if the information provided by the supplier registrant is complete and accurate, and matches government records.
Will I receive any notifications on the status of my account?
The supplier contact (defined by the supplier registrant in the registration request) will receive the following emails upon approval of their registration request:
- Welcome email with notification of approval, supplier ID, and the URL for login
- Temporary Password email (auto-generated)
If Georgetown University denies the registration request the supplier registrant may receive denial email notifying of critical error with the registration process, and requesting new registration application.
How do I log into the Supplier Portal?
The first time you log in as a supplier you will be asked to change your password to a permanent password from the temporary password you were emailed. The requirements for a permanent password are:
- a minimum of 16 characters
- at least one uppercase alphabetic character (A-Z)
- at least one lowercase alphabetic character (a-z)
- at least one numeric character (0-9)
Next, you will see a screen to set up Multi Factor Authentication. You can either set up multi-factor authentication via:
- Email: You will be sent a one-time code at the supplier contact email address
- Authenticator App: You will use an app of your choice, on your mobile device, to receive a one-time code
How do I get access to the Supplier Portal?
If you have an existing and approved Supplier Record with Georgetown University, you can request access to the supplier portal by completing the Supplier Portal Account Request Form. You must know your Supplier Record Number (SUP-#######).
If you do not have a Supplier Record with Georgetown University, visit the Supplier Registration Site to submit a registration request. Once approved, you will have a supplier record, and supplier portal access will be provided to the Supplier Contact named in the registration request.
What if I forget my password to the Supplier Portal?
- Go to the Supplier Record Management Portal page
- Click the Forgot Password link (below the “Sign In” button.)
- Enter your Username and Email Address (the username will generally be the same as the email address of the supplier contact that was provided at registration, or at supplier portal account request )
- Hit the Submit button
I already have a Supplier Portal Account, how do I update banking information, address, other contact information, view the status of my purchase orders (POs), invoices, and payments?
Use the Supplier Registration and Management Portal Job Aid (new window), this will guide you on what to click on the Supplier Record Management Portal
I already have a Supplier Portal Account, how do I update my Legal Name, Tax Identification Number, or Supplier Category?
Complete the Supplier Record Change Request Form
What resources are available for assistance with this process?
You can view the Supplier Registration Process Detail document or the Supplier Registration and Management Portal Job Aid (new window) for the detailed steps on the registration process or send an email to email@example.com