University Tax Documents
- IRS 501(c)(3) Letter
- IRS Form W-9
- IRS Letter 147c
- IRS Form 6166 Certification of U.S. Tax Residency (Tax Year 2020)
- IRS Form 6166 Certification of U.S. Tax Residency (Tax Year 2019)
- Certification Regarding Federal Felony and Federal Tax Convictions, Unpaid Federal Tax Assessments and Delinquent Federal Tax Returns
- GU Governance Documents
Georgetown University currently has sales tax exemptions in the jurisdictions below:
- District of Columbia Expires 10/24/24
- Florida Expires 10/31/23
- Illinois Expires 08/01/27
- Kentucky Indefinite
- Maryland Expires 09/30/22
- Massachusetts Expires 12/19/28
- Missouri Indefinite
- New York Indefinite
- Ohio Indefinite
- Pennsylvania Expires 09/30/26
- Tennessee 06/30/2023
- Texas Indefinite
- Virginia Expires 07/29/27
Please review the GU’s Sales Tax Exemption Matrix for verification of the types property or services that are exempt from sales tax.
In order for a purchase to be exempt from sales tax, it must be limited to University purposes and the payment must be made by an employee or designated affiliate with University funds (e.g., ProCard, GU Check). Purchases made with a GOCard or other prepaid cards do not qualify for exemption from sales tax in the District of Columbia per OTR Notice 2014-06.
- DC Business License (Expires 09/30/23 )
- DC Corporate Registration Number: 540000
- DC Franchise Tax Certificate of Exemption (Expires 10/24/24)
- DC Personal Property Tax Certificate of Exemption (Expires 10/24/24)
- DC OTR Tax Certification Affidavit (Pre-filled GU Form)
- DC OTR Clean Hands Certificate – Please contact the Tax Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to request.
- DC DCRA Certificate of Good Standing for a Domestic Nonprofit Entity:
Follow the instructions below if you need to request for a DC Certificate of Good Standing. Please allow sufficient mailing and processing time for your request. If you apply in person, make note of the additional charges that will apply.
Effective 09-12-2022, Georgetown University is no longer able to apply online for a DC Certificate of Good Standing for Georgetown University (The), File Number 540000. All other Georgetown University entities can be applied for online.
You will either have to order by mail by making the check out to “DC Treasurer” in the amount of $40.00 and mail to:
PO Box 92300
Washington, DC 20090
Or order in person by coming to:
Department of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs
Business and Professional Licensing Administration
Business License Center
1100 4th Street SW
Washington, DC 20024
FYI: If filing in person you will also have to pay an expedite fee of either $100.00 for 1 day or $50.00 for 3 days.